Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 0800
Fax: +44 (0)20 7349 5157
Tel: +81 (0)80-1164-4754
Request a Demo
What our customers are saying
When I think of the future, I think of EvaluatePharma
Global pharmaceutical company
Innovation Driving Positive Outlook for Pharma and Biotech in 2015
Blockbuster launches, new indications and lack of patent expiries key to sector growth
LONDON, BOSTON, TOKYO (December 10, 2014) — Innovation will continue to drive the pharma and biotech sectors in 2015 as forecasts point to another prosperous year according to EP Vantage’s latest report, “Pharma & Biotech 2015 Preview”. EP Vantage is the editorial arm of market intelligence firm Evaluate Ltd.Some of the report’s key findings include:
- A dozen products due to be launched next year are forecast to achieve blockbuster sales by 2020
- Drugs treating high cholesterol and heart failure will dominate the field with a combined 2020 sales forecast of $8 billion
- Sovaldi and its combination product Harvoni will take the number one worldwide seller spot with forecasted sales of $15.3 billion in 2015
- Patent expiries will have minimal impact on the top line as 2015 sales will grow close to four times that of patent losses
- Financing climate appears friendly and deals will continue at a steady pace but M&A activity unlikely to match the frenzy of 2014
“Cancer will also have a huge year as the promise of immuno-oncology therapies are further tested,” said Amy Brown, EP Vantage reporter and report author. “The lack of any substantial patent expiries will be another big boost but with payers looking to restrain drug prices, marketed products may face heightened commercialization risks. Nonetheless, if 2015 lives up to today’s heady expectations, it will be a remarkable year that the sector will long remember.”
The “Pharma & Biotech 2015 Preview” report based on market intelligence and consensus forecasts from EvaluatePharma® can be downloaded at www.evaluategroup.com/PharmaBiotech2015Preview.
About Evaluate Ltd.
Evaluate is the trusted source for life science market intelligence and analysis with exclusive consensus forecasts to 2020. We support life science and healthcare companies, financial institutions, consultancies and service providers in their strategic decision-making. Our services include EvaluatePharma, EvaluateClinical Trials and EvaluateMedTech. Our global team of dedicated healthcare analysts employs rigorous methodologies to deliver strategic commercial analysis. We make our services valuable by combining superior quality content, user-friendly reporting tools and outstanding customer service to solve client problems.
For more information visit: www.evaluategroup.com. On Twitter: @evaluatepharma, @evaluatemedtech, @epclinicaltrial, @epvantage.
Back to Press Releases