Tel: +44 (0)20 7377 0800
Fax: +44 (0)20 7349 5157
Tel: +81 (0)80-1164-4754
Request a Demo
What our customers are saying
When I think of the future, I think of EvaluatePharma
Global pharmaceutical company
EvaluatePharma World Preview 2016, Outlook to 2022
Worldwide Rx Sales Forecast to Grow 6.3% p.a. to 2022
The ninth edition of the EvaluatePharma World Preview 2016, Outlook to 2022 report brings together many of our analyses to provide a top level insight, from the world's financial market, into the expected performance of the industry between now and 2022.
While currently the industry does have plenty to celebrate, there are potential brakes on progress that could make the outlook much more mixed.
- Worldwide prescription drug sales predicted to grow 6.3% (CAGR) between 2016 and 2022.
- $169 billion in additional prescription drug sales in 2022 to come from R&D projects.
- Novartis and Roche to compete head-to-head for the title of worldwide prescription drug sales in 2022; Pfizer to challenge them following the Medivation acquisition.
- Worldwide pharmaceutical R&D spend expected to grow by 2.8% (CAGR) to $182 billion in 2022.
- Celgene and Shire forecast to record the fastest sales growth (CAGR) by 2022 with increases of 16% and 19%, respectively.
- New drug approvals in 2015 reach a record 56 NMEs, topping 2014’s record of 50
- Oncology remains the largest therapy area in sales with a 12.5% (CAGR) growth rate from 2016 to 2022.
Report Executive Summary
Confirm your details on form below to download this report